Friday, 7 November 2008

Cleverest children 'grow up to be Green'

THE brightest children go on to vote Liberal Democrat or Green, according to a survey.
The study by Edinburgh University researchers has found that childhood intelligence is linked to voting preferences and political involvement in adulthood.
The study – which looked at voting patterns in the 2001 general election – found that those with higher IQ ratings were more likely to vote Lib-Dem or Green in an election.
The survey – including cognitive tests at ages five and ten – was followed up with a study of voting habits at 34.
Those who voted Green had an average IQ of 108.3, with Lib-Dem voters just behind at 108.2. Conservative and Labour voters were further behind – with scores of 103.7 and 103.0 respectively, while voters for Welsh nationalist Plaid Cymru scored an average of 102.5. Scottish National Party voters had an average IQ of 102.2. The research also showed that British National Party voters had the lowest average intelligence – scoring just 98.4. Non-voters were found to have an average IQ of 99.7.

Scavenged from:
http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Glenrothes-byelection-Activists-flood-in.4652904.jp

I had to share this with you as I felt very smug if I'm honest - knowing that my IQ (117 to 127 when not taking my dyslexia into account) and my Lib-Dem leanings are possibly connected.
The only thing I'm not quite so smug about is my partner (who I've always hoped I was a little smarter than) votes Green - could this be evidence of his higher intelect? ;)

No comments: